Tips for Teaching Group Water Exercise/Rehab Classes
- Learn students’ names on their first visit. It makes your job easier and they’ll be impressed enough to come back.
- Ask all students as they sign in if they have injuries or medications to consider.
- Modify your exercises for injured students and for various fitness levels:
- Offer warnings before you begin an exercise
- Get the exercise going
- Increase the speed for the advanced
- Say your commands twice. Acoustics aren’t good at most pools. Get their attention the first time; they hear your command the second time.
- Look in the eyes of every student during every exercise. Connect. Offer praise, suggestions, and corrections as appropriate.
Lynda Huey’s Aquatic Rehab Online Course is NOW AVAILABLE.
Click here to find out what’s included.